Sunday, October 1, 2017

Small Quilt Retreat

Some of you know that we had a small quilt sewing retreat last month. I meant to post pictures but I've been really busy since I got back. I forgot to charge my camera battery before I went so had to use my phone to take pictures and then had trouble loading them up to the blog for awhile. But they're here now, so enjoy - 

There were 13 of us who met for a few days at a hotel north of Chicago, near me. 


Jane and Robin


Karen


Jen


Kathy and Deborah 


Karen's craft table



Susan and her gorgeous antique quilt



Mona and her pretty retreat quilt -  Fall Flowers


Robin and Jennifer


Karen and her orange peels. Tada - finally finished!! 


Jen made us some sweet little hexie pincushions.




Candee made us pretty wool button pincushions. 




Some of us took a break from the intense sewing (hah!) and drove over to the Chicago Botanic Garden on Saturday afternoon


Jane, Robin, me and Liz 




Dinner at PF Changs
Jen, Heather, Liz, Candee, Susan, Jane


 Karen, Janet, Kathy T (not me, I'm the photographer), Deborah, Mona, Robin


Jane and Candee liked  LOVED Marian's quilt I brought for Show & Tell


Karen finished her Mystery Quilt


Kathy's pretty scrappy quilt with that purple border.


Robin finished her retreat quilt too!


Janet


Kathy T's cute project


BFFs







Robin's Mystery Quilt

Everyone got along really well and a great time was had by all.   (Well, there was that ONE troublemaker . . . . and there was that time we lost Mona . . . .) We re-connected with old friends and made some new ones. Couldn't have asked for nicer quilting friends or a better time. We're planning on doing it again next spring and in between will plan some additional sewing days to get together in the northern Illinois/Chicago area. You're welcome to join us if you happen to be in the neighborhood  : )  and if you promise to bring chocolate to share.

Have a great week!  




24 comments:

Jennifer M said...

Thanks for sharing Kathy. I was lucky enough to be able to attend:) I will be looking forward to next Spring, maybe a day sew in between now and then. I enjoyed this group very much and look forward to making more retreat memories with these ladies and hopefully others as well!
XXOO~Jen

Lady Locust said...

And you had no fun at all, I can tell 😉 Lovely quilts with nice folks~ Can't get any better.

Ann in PA said...

What a delightful post about your Small Quilt Talk Retreat! So fun to see all those sweet online friends....hummmmmmm....wonder who that troublemaker could be? LOL I LOVE all the beautiful quilty eye candy. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

Renée Welton said...

Looks like a great time! Hope to meet you all one day.

Renée in MI

Candee said...

So much SQT fun with great quilty friends!!!! Can't wait til next time!

sue bennett said...

Thanks for sharing Kathy, looks like everyone had a great time.. lots of sharing of goodies..

jane nj/wi said...

It was great fun. I gave the Quilt-in as an add-on present to me. I had 50th HS reunion in Chicagoland area the weekend before. So I extended my stay. I needed to surround myself with interesting people who happen to be funny and Excellent quilters.....they all, it seems got the non-stress color genes too. I didn't spit was interesting to see them pull together existing or new quilts. Bags that worked like a magician pulling a rabbit out....they pulled out projects and fabric.

I trimmed my repro scraps (semi mindless work that needed doing) and looked over my shoulders and in front and watched the speed demons sew accurately....Imagine.....no ripping...I think that was part of a John Lennon song.....

It was the best time and there was hand piecers, machine sewers with FW and other styles of machines and a combination of hand and machine. Some brought projects in progress, others cut and quilted during the get together. If you ever wanted to treat yourself to a fun and inspiring time, this would be a great choice.

Ps.....Kathy turned out to be very fun and funny.....but you all already guessed that.....and her hubbie was a gem.

I enjoyed going "Home" again.

Jane

jane nj/wi said...

No I didn't spit.....argh the word was supposed to be "so". Fiddle

Kathleen Tracy said...

Thanks, Jane - it was a great pleasure to finally meet you! YOU were a gem for making us all laugh and feel comfortable. Wish we had had more time. Hope all of you can attend again!

LuAnn said...

Kathy, thanks so much for the pictures!! Now that I am in Wisconsin, I hope to meet up with you all next time. What fun!

Quilts, Etc said...

Kathy thanks so much for sharing these moments and creating these memories. I especially loved “seeing” my SQT invisible friends. They are no longer “lnvisible” and that makes it more special for me. I hope someday I can join in for the fun.😊

annie said...

Wonderful projects!

---"Love" said...

I saw lots of smiles! That means everyone was having a lot of fun! ---"Love"

Warm Quilts said...

What a great retreat with so many projects. I especially liked seeing the cute little hex and wool button pincushions.

quiltgrannie said...

Kathy ~ Thanks for the fun times. I was so happy to meet new and old friends for some great times. Looking forward to the next one.

Martine said...

Looks like you all had a blast! Please say hi to Karin and Susan.
What a lot of work Karin finished and that antique quilt is stunning!
Martine

Jackie said...

Looks like tons of fun. Can you provide any additional information on the Mystery Quilt pictured twice - I love ii!

QuiltGranma said...

looks like A Wonderful Time Had By All! Thank you so much for sharing the photos of the people and projects! It is good to see the variety of fabrics used, and the differences in how they turned out! FUN!

شركة المثالية للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
شركة المثالية للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura Mattox said...

It would be a dream come true for me to be able to attend one of your small quilt workshops. It always looks like so much fun!
Laura Mattox

شركة المثالية للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
شركة المثالية للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
شركة المثالية للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails